I decided to take a few days off and get some projects done around the house. It’s been a nice time for me to decompress before the school year starts (since my little one is starting school this year!). The particular project I am working on has been on my mind for about three years, and it feels good to be crossing it off my list!
Do you have unfinished projects around the house? Been procrastinating? Here’s a few tips to get them off your list:
- Is this project really important to me? Home improvement and other projects can stack up like Saturday morning pancakes. Stop and think about what projects are important to you, and make them a priority.
- The Yearly Review: Take time once every year and decide what projects you want to accomplish this year. Put all the others on a staggered list of 2, 5, 10 years and beyond. Keeping that list fresh in your mind will work its magic in getting those things done!
- Set aside time to actually do them. There’s no use in having a great list of things you want to do if they never get done. No one is making more time, so you have to make it yourself. Put it on the calendar, and get moving.
- Simplify and let it go. Do you have things on your list that are just plain crazy and not really what you want to do? Give yourself permission to get those darned things off your list and breathe a sigh of relief. Honestly, you’ll thank yourself.
- Get organized and get it done. Once you have your project on your radar, you’ll need to do some planning. What do you need to get it done? Are there things you need to purchase? Do you already have things you can use to get the project done? Do you need specialized help? Knowing the whole picture will not only help you get it done and done right, but also help you know when you are actually finished!