Have you ever had a day when you just plain ol’ don’t feel well? The last few days I’ve been under the weather, and today I’ve all but lost my voice. It started me thinking about how fast life moves, and how we can simplify and slow down once in a while.
As a home office professional, I’ve got lots going on. Anyone out there know what I mean? My head is running in all directions, and flooded with ideas. It’s crazy! So, when the body gives out and needs some downtime, it can be tough. So, how do you simplify when you’re not feeling well? Here’s some tips:
- Let the phone ring. It’s not that you don’t want to talk to people, but getting better is hard when you’re constantly fielding phone calls. Take it easy, and let voicemail get it.
- Easy up on electronic communications. If you normally check your email ten times per day, this is a good time to cut it back altogether for the day. If you just can’t do that, consider twice during the day. When you do read your email, sort thru your messages ruthlessly and let some things go (do you really have to read every Google alert today?)
- Reschedule what you can. Even if you had a full, packed day scheduled it might be in your best interest to reschedule some things. Take the day (or two) to recuperate and renew yourself.
- Get some rest & comfort yourself. This seems simple, but it’s surprising to me how many people don’t take time to rest. It could be your body is trying to tell you to slow down, so listen. Make yourself a cup of tea, or a hot bowl of soup. It could be just what you need.
- Let some stuff slide. It could be the laundry, fixing a gourmet dinner or whatever you had planned. Leave it till next week or eliminate it all together.
If you’re not feeling well, it might be you need to slow down and rest. I’m guilty of that! I’m well aware that last week I was up way too late for way too many nights in a row. So, if you’re nodding your head right now, think about slowing down to get better. Ok, I’m off to take a nap. 🙂