Sometimes I think my family thinks I’m a little nutty. They might be onto something, but that’s ok with me. Everyday I take small steps to be more in the “green”. You can too, and here’s a few tips to get you started:
- Less packaging. Whenever possible, buy products with less packaging. This could be meat, poultry and fish with no styrofoam or plastic tray.
- Turn down the thermostat. As the weather gets colder, help your furnace, your wallet and the environment by turning the temperature down and putting on a warm sweater. Better yet, cuddle up to your sweetie. 🙂
- Take a day or two off. Group your errands together 2-3 days per week instead of everyday.
- Recycle. Paper, plastic, glass, computers, ink cartridges and cell phones. Need some ideas where to take it all? Go to earth911.org.
- Buy less stuff. Stop and think before you buy. Do you really need it? How long will it last?
So go ahead, get green!